Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Batting Practice on the Field

 So many times I have been to games and seen fans on the field getting autographs and wondered how they did it.  On Monday, May 23rd, I found out..  I was offered as a season ticket holder the opportunity to watch batting practice ON the field.  It was incredible to watch up close and hear the crack of the bat, and the chatter of the players.  I brought my kids to the game hoping they would have a chance to get an autograph of their favorite player: Albert Pujols.  We found out that while you're on the field, you can't ask the players to sigh, you have to wait and see if they'll walk over.  My kids left very disappointed as not 1 player even stopped over to say hi.  Several players talked in front of us, but kept their backs to us the whole time.  The ushers made a point to remind people, "no talking" and were constantly moving people down who got there early, giving better spots to people who were late!  All in all, no Albert (and he's a class guy), and not even a hi from any players.

If offered the opportunity to do it again, I would turn it down.  To get there early and be moved to the worst spots in the line was what bothered me the most.  People who take the time to get there early should be rewarded with better spots in the line, not moved down to accommodate those who got there late.

No comments:

Post a Comment