Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mark Grant-Former pitcher and current Padres Radio and TV Announcer 2/10/2012

I had the opportunity to attend the San Diego Padres Foundation Dinner on February 10, 2012.  It was an early present from my friend Rebecca Herman.  We arrived early, and were assigned table #31 then proceeded to walked out to the infield area to check out items up for bid in a silent auction.  At 7:30, it was time to head to our table and start the dinner and awards ceremony.  Up to our table walked Mark Grant, former Padres pitcher and current announcer for the team!  He introduced himself and sat down and started to chat with us.  After a few minutes, I finally decided I was going to ask him the question. I looked at Mark and asked, “who is your favorite baseball player and why?”  Without hesitation, Mark said, “Ernie Banks SS-1B for the Chicago Cubs, because he loved his passion for the game and his attitude as a player." I thanked him for answering and was happy to have my first question answered.  

I will never forget Mark Grant and the kindness he showed that night.  He is a class act.


No comments:

Post a Comment