Total Pageviews

Monday, October 1, 2012

Many Thanks for 2012

As the season winds down for the Padres and our last home game has come and gone, I wanted to write a review and a thank you to so many people. First of all, I want to thank my many friends at Petco Park who make me feel like I am home. I want to thank Mike Hardin, the owner of Hodads who always greets us with a welcome home and a hug when we come in the restaurant. Rafael Torres (aka Jay), who always does such a wonderful job serving us at Hodads and who always greets us with a warm smile and a hug as well.  Our usher Yolie Sanchez, who is friendly, kind and a pleasure to see (I hope you get your IPhone 5 in the off-season.)  Rebecca Herman's season ticket rep Hayley Hallum, who is a nice, attentive and looks out for us (she'll be my rep as well in 2013.)  The Dancing Friars out in the Mission; Corey, Ishmael, Kai, Tony and the rest of the gang out there who dress up and cheer the Padres on.  Luigi Novello, who did my first video blog on my page and is Clayton Richards #1 fan (John Baker's as well.)  To the many players and announcers from Mark Grant to Tim Flanney, who listened to a nervous blogger try to ask them who their favorite player was and why.  To Andrew Werner, who was the first player who did a video for my blog.  To Jerry Coleman, who took the time to sign his book for me.  The Coach John Kentera and Randy Jones, who always made us laugh at Lolita's.  Last, but not least, to Rebecca and Trevor Herman for inviting my son and myself to so many games, and dealing with me (and that's a lot to deal with.)  You all made Padres season 2012 enjoyable.  God Bless each of you.

Wayne McBrayer aka The Casual Fan














No comments:

Post a Comment