Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

MLB and Drunk Driving

In the last week we have seen the arrest of Derek Lowe and Shin-Soo-Choo for DUI, but no punishment for either player.  So, what is Major League's Baseball stance on drunk driving?  I go to games and see warning to fans about drinking responsibly, but that doesn't apply to players?  Major League Baseball will go out of it's way to suspend a player for using performance enhancing drugs, but drinking and driving is no big deal?  If I had a choice, I'd prefer a player juiced on the field to one wasted on the highways.

As the Casual Fan, I'm calling on MLB to suspend both players without pay and donate their salaries to M.A.D.D. (Mothers Against Drunk Driving).  It's time for MLB to man up before one of their players kills someone on the road.

1 comment:

  1. I concur. It is interesting how NFL seems to take a stronger stand on such things ... I thought baseball was "America's" sport ... time to stand up and do the right thing.

    Even if the MLB doesn't mandate suspensions or fines, it seems to me that a team manager who is a true leader would sit them - PERIOD. You cannot convince me that a player who is out getting a DUI the night before a game is actually following team policy or any decent training regimine. SIT THEM! Make an example of them!

    ReplyDelete