Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Seattle Mariners-Petco Park May 20th

After arriving at Petco on Friday,  my friend Rebecca had mentioned that we should go down to the bullpen area and see if Felix Hernandez was on his throw day.  I honestly didn't think he would be, so we decided to walk over to the leftfield line to try and catch some foul balls.  We looked over at their bullpen and there he was getting ready to throw.  We walked back and sat down as close as we could get to the bullpen and watched him throw for 15 minutes.  When he was done, he walked over to where we were sitting and started signing!  Rebecca was able to get a ball signed and told Felix how he was on her fantasy team and got her a ton of points.  I told him I had him for 2 years, and now he get a ton of points against me!  He laughed and kept signing for about 5 minutes.  As he walked off I thanked him for his time and he smiled and walked off.

We decided to stay where we were at and watch batting practice.  Ichiro worked on fielding grounders in the outfield for about 15 minutes before running in to the dugout.

It was amazing to me that one of the best pitchers in baseball took as much time as he did to sign.  He signed for almost every kid that was there.  The Casual Fan was impressed and would like to thank @therealkingFelix for spending time with the fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment