Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Carlos Quentin OF San Diego Padres 4/21/2012


My original plan was to try to get a player from the Philadelphia Phillies, but as we walked in we saw Carlos Quentin standing near the bullpen down the right field line.  Carlos has been on the DL since spring training and has started to take BP with the team as part of his rehab from knee surgery.  We walked down and sat near the bullpen and waited to see if he would walk over.  3 or 4 kids came down and started calling out his name hoping to get his attention so he would sign an autograph.  Carlos turned around and yelled at the kids saying, "I can hear you but I'm busy right now." The kids ended up leaving after that, but I decided to wait and see if he would come over when he was done.  Batting practice ended and he walked off, but I called out to him and held up a ball.  He walked over and said to toss the ball to him.  I then asked him who his favorite player was and why.  He said, "that’s a really good question." "I don't know and I'll have to get back to you."  He tossed me the ball and walked off.  He seemed thoroughly disgusted that I asked him the question, but since Carlos said he would get back to me, I will keep asking him when I see him.  

Overall, I was not impressed with Carlos.  I don't mind not getting an answer, but to yell at 3 kids asking for your autograph while you're standing there doing nothing?  I hope he was having a bad day and that this isn't an example of how he is.



No comments:

Post a Comment