Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2012

Mike Moustakas-3B Kansas City Royals 4/3/2012

A few minutes after Jeff walked off, Mike came over and started signing for a group of kids there wearing Royals shirts.  I walked over and waited and asked Mike if he would please sign my shirt.  He said, "sure," and then I asked him about his favorite player.  His answer was great and really touched my heart.  He said, "Mickey Mantle, because he was my dads favorite player."  I was really NOT expecting to hear a player say that.  As a father, it really touched my heart to hear a grown man say his dad's favorite player was his favorite player.  Even as I typed this, I still feel a lump in my throat and fight back a tear.

Classy, just classy.  The Royals organization is very classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment