Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tom Garfinkel-CEO-San Diego Padres 4/22/2012


I have had the pleasure of meeting Tom Garfinkel on at least 3 different occasions, but this morning was the first time I ever had a serious chat with him.  I introduced myself and told him I was a blogger who was asking people who their favorite baseball player was and why and would he answer my question.  He said that, “it was a difficult question because there were so many players,” but he said George Brett, because Tom grew up a Kansas City Royals fan and watched George play with them.  He mentioned Roberto Clemente and Mickey Mantle as 2 players he read books about when he was a kid, but he never saw either player in person.  After a couple of minutes, Tom said, “you know, after thinking about it, I would have to pick Dave Parker as my favorite player.”   I thanked him so much for taking time with me and to answer my question.



No comments:

Post a Comment